PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 16th Apr 2008, 00:34
lowerlobe
Registered User **

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
While I don't condone for a second any use of so called recreational drugs whether they are illegal or not we sometimes forget the most abused drug/substance in the world and that is alcohol.

The problem with any of these 'substances' is that they affect and reduce your abiltity to operate and function.That means anything from walking to operating complex equipment.

As much as we can try and educate our children and people in general there will always be people who will try and use substances.

To me that means that anyone who is in a position where lives are at stake should have regular but random drug testing.If you apply for a job such as flying and when tested you have traces of an inhibiting drug in your system then unless you can explain the result you are out as far as I am concerned.

Twiggs....So if we extend your post about not knowing if your teenage children are using drugs you also believe that your husband could have been unfaithful at some time because not to think this would be naive.....