PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MET OFFICE - Pessimistic Forcasts
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 21:20
Pudnucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Capt Smithy,

The red tags on the general forecast was actually what i was originally referring to... These are very misleading.. IMHO It's quite sensible to look at the "global" picture before logging into the Aviation section of the Met Office site... If you believe the general forecast you won't even get to the more detailed aviation focused bit..

GAFlyer,

Comparing Bose X to Mugabe is slightly(!) extreme... So far, his postings generally on pprune seem fairly reasoned to me..

Bookworm,

OK - yesterday, I was flying all day, wind didn't exceed 8 knots on any of the 4 airfields I visited, secondly cloud base was more like 3 to 3.5k and yes there were some showers but it appeared to me that the lapse rate was nothing like forecasted, hence why is was a much better day than forecasted..

I noticed another thread on here about how little flying had been acheivable due to the wx, I've managed over 35 so far since January, all at weekends (bar a couple of hours) and most of the time, the forecast has been MUCH worse than experienced.. No wonder peole are getting rather hacked off..

My own personal interpretation of the wx has been much more accurate than what the Met Office has forecast, hence why I've managed to get a lot of flying in so far. As you say in your own words, it's all about interpretation........