PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is this legal without AOC?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 17:10
Pace

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FlyNowPayLater

There are without doubt dodgey charters and I fully take your point. All that I would say is that there are many grey areas between the two and with any business aviation or otherwise it is human nature to explore those grey areas.

When there are grey areas maybe the regulators need to make them less grey and more black and white?

What I do take exception too is the assumption that private jets are flown by cowboys, operated in a dangerous manner and poorly maintained.

To me the use of the word dangerous applies to a poorly maintained aircraft which is knowingly flown as such , a pilot who is not qualified or capable of flying in particular conditions or who makes descisions which are incorrect and as such endangers the aircraft and its passengers.
Each accident has to be viewed in its own light AOC or private (sadly both have accidents) instead of inflamatory language used to point score one above the other.

As a Captain on private jets I know that most of us do our best to operate as professionally as possible and take a pride in what we do.

Take care and no offence

pace

Last edited by Pace; 14th Apr 2008 at 17:31.