PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Why are so many people leaving Virgin ?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2008, 14:32
ltn and beyond

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Facts:

Virgin have NEVER been very good when it comes to salary, and in my opinion, and Sir Richards, will never be. As already stated, people can't pay their bills with free flights etc. Together with alot of crew now being treated like a number, is why I believe alot of CC are now jumping ship and heading towards better airlines.

I myself was at VS for over 5years, and now longhaul at BA, and they are alot better when it comes down to the pennies! This is why crew at BA don't tend to leave as they know how bad it can be at other airlines.

Virgin was a very good airline to work for when I was there, but has rapidly gone down hill. Great if you want to see the world and want lots of free tickets etc. But if it comes down to paying the bills, it isn't worth it.

It is a real shame as the crew at VS have alot more services to do and im my opinion, through experience, work alot harder. No disrespect to BA crew, but for example VS have an ice- cream service. Vs also have more economy seats which makes alot more work! Mind you, im sure the ice cream service will soon disapear in their bid to cut costs!!

If you are wanting to get into aviation, don't get me wrong, you could do alot worse than Virgin, but it certainly ISNT the best! I think people get carried away with the IMAGE