PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC in an R22 - anyone done this?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 16:30
VfrpilotPB/2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Add on from my earlier reply,

I know my limitations, a good friend of mine who is well covered in lots of years R/w and is fully IMC able, took me with him one day to help him at the other end of the flight, the Wx was not that good but he explained he had flown above the clouds from the midlands to where he collected me, full of eagerness I boarded the Twin Squirrel and off we went he explained he had dialled in all the values in the A/P and the machine would do the rest, despite all this tricky machinery and my pal watching over things I had this huge urge to ask him to do a 180 and fly underneath, I could not make out any form of direction or level or even if we we climbing or diving( I could if I looked at the gauges) but sat there looking at the pure white of the water vapour I was mesmerised , I consider myself to be a very safe flyer, but that flight taught me more about myself and my self belief in the few minutes we were in the white stuff than I ever thought would be possible, since that day I have stood at the side of quiet a few SFH copters and made the decision not to fly because of what I could see was waiting for me.
I may sound like a bit of a softy, but I will fly anywhere to any point and arrive, but I will never give you guys the need to read about me having flown when I should not!

Vfr PilotPB/2

Peter R-B