PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 7
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 7
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 14:11
757 Speedbrakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think you must realise that profits are not made by sale of seats alone on LoCo's.

The real revenue is made on onboard sales. This is one for Channex101 but from memory, the city destinations don't do very well.

I certainly know my girlfriend didn't make much money from commision on all the LGW's or the KRK. Businessmen and polish workers don't seem to splash out much cash!

Far better to do a short flight to PMI with very high load factors where everybody walks on and orders champagne, duty free (it amazes me why pax buy it on the WAY to Spain?), food or family packs for the kiddies etc.

Even the LPA's, so I've heard, were sold at a loss making price (probably fuel costs and lack of initial interest) on the seats alone but with a flight time of over 4 hours, if you can get 200 people to spend at least an avg of £5, it can make a bit of a difference!

When ALL airlines are suffering an economic slow down and rising fuel costs then it makes sense to cut the 'dead wood' and go with the profitabe routes.