PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - IMC in an R22 - anyone done this?
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 12:25
topendtorque

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Here is another, the good old ABC news.

The date of this report was 10/09/2004
QLD Country Hour Summary
FQLD Country Hour Summary
Friday 10/09/2004
riday 10/09/2004

Cattle king killed in helicopter crash - Arlie Douglas
The cattle industry is coming to terms today with the death of one of the country's largest landholders - killed in a helicopter accident in south-west Queensland this week. 74 year old Brian Oxenford and pilot Justin Wallace died when their four seater chopper crashed near the airstrip at Eurella Station near Muckadilla on Wednesday night. In 1997 Mr Oxenford was reported to be the third largest private landholder in country with Western Grazing holding 2.5 million hectare at the time. His interests included the famous Wave Hill lease in the Northern Territory, Magowra Station, Morestone and Oban, just outside Mount Isa and and an assortment of properties in
south-western Queensland. This year, Western Grazing has reportedly payed 50 million dollars for former Stanbroke holding Tanbar Station at Windorah and is believed to have aquired another Stanbroke gem Rocklands at Camooweal. Brian Oxenford is survived by his wife Elva, and children Lee, Pam, Loray and Dale. Property agent David Tannock spoke to Arlie Douglas about his friend - who he described as an intensely private person.
David Tannock, property agent

Oxenford I knew well and the pilot not so well. He was a well experienced corporate turbine F/W IFR pilot with several, no many renewals, up his sleeve.
He went with his brand new R44 to visit Brian who talked him into a bit of a survey, I assume a freebie and got caught late. R44 I believe only had a standard panel. the ATSB report, I don't have the link, makes interesting reading.
The pilot I think had about three hundred in R/W
RIP say no more.