PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NPPL
Thread: NPPL
View Single Post
Old 20th Mar 2002, 04:39
QUERY

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

OK, I got it wrong and now feel foolish.. .My excuse is that I accepted, unquestionly, that flying is inherently difficult and definitely dangerous when, apparently, it is extremely easy and simply safe for anyone. . .I have been so bombarded and bamboozled with bureaucracy that I became indoctrinated with the official and professional notion that hours of instruction and experience, as well as good health, are fundamental to flight safety.. .Sorry, again, to all those who have pointed out that anyone should be able to have a PPL, regardless of competence or experience or critical illness. . .I now understand why you hate the CAA/JAA and love the NPPL proposal. . .But why bother with any licence?. .Couldn't it just be a National (or Naff) Pilot Registration Scheme or no control whatsoever? . .Yes, you are really radical but I now realise that no-one should be allowed to restrict our Human Rights to fly.. .P.S. My sincere apologies, also, to BEagle who appeared to benefit from flying but is apparently a true gentleman volunteer who refuses any reward or remuneration from anyone. That is now very rare and remarkable in running anything.