PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DXB Radar vectoring 7th /8th
View Single Post
Old 12th Apr 2008, 07:11
divingduck

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
puff daddy

rriving at just after midnight which I know is a busy time we were asked by UAE to speed up for the descent to 320kts, then handed over to DXB aircraft were being told to take up the hold at DESDI so we put into the FMC the expected hold, 23 miles to run to DESDI on a track of about 125 slow 230kts and turn left HDG 060, after about 5 mins turn right HDG 230 then after about another 5 mins on that HDG turn left track to DESDI. At DESDI HDG 090all the way to the coast then turn right 180 degrees vectoring ILS 12L. All of which used some 2 tonnes extra fuel, not that I care because I don't pay for the stuff, but it was about 15 mins of messing around when i could have been on my way home!
I was going to stay out of this, but I think that the 5 minutes on hdg060 is a bit of an exaggeration...even at 230 kts that will take you about 20nm into Tehran airspace...You may be confusing UAE vectoring with the DXB "conga line" that they all see to love on 124.9.
From a UAE controllers perspective...all we need to save all sorts of bullsh!te like the conga line is a set course time out of the stack.
Naturally you will have to talk to far greater minds than mine as to why that can't be done. The problem certainly isn't with the AUE controllers not wanting it.
Just as an aside...don't bother asking for EATs...UAE control can't give them unless we are given them by Dubai...and they don't.
We can give you a stack departure time, if we have the time and enough staff to work it out with the ever changing requirements imposed upon us by DXB approach. What happens after the transfer and the length of the conga line is entirely up to them.
I do understand your frustration, imagine ours when we have to vector, hold, and speed control dozens of aircraft, to hear DXB give "direct no speed" on first contact.

Just remember to think happy thoughts, and all that extra time is getting your hours up