PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VIP PPL
Thread: VIP PPL
View Single Post
Old 25th Feb 2002, 22:45
sennadog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My two quids worth. I wouldn't want to do a PPL in two weeks - it's just too quick! I don't think that you'll come out as a particularly good pilot at the end of it although I can see how the shortness of the course would be enticing.

A parrallel example with me at the moment is my Air Law. I'm due to take it in a week's time but I was offered a slot for this Wednesday - boy, was I tempted! An opportunity to get another one under my belt. I could pass the exam on Wednesday but I would only have learnt to pass the exam rather than learnt the material i.e used the Confuser and Thom questions to pass. Instead, I decided not to and to revise properly - so much so that I've spent all afternoon today going through all of the AIC's instead of quickly trawling them for the correct answer.

Now, call me an old fuddy duddy but I'd be far more confident knowing that I have a better understanding of Air Law (in this example)rather than an "exam pass" instead. The same applies for my PPL - why not consider taking the first 20 hours or whatever over there in order to reduce costs?

Basically, I'm saying that IMO 2 weeks is going to be very hard work with the flying and studying and I'm not sure that people come out as good pilots.

Good luck, whatever you decide.