PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reality Check
Thread: Reality Check
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 14:26
gone till november

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TAP

At last the voice of reason. Well said.

I spent years looking up at passing a/c and wished and prayed to be up there and i can wholeheartedly say that ive never once looked down wishing i was in that shiny office ive just flown over.

Yes T & C probably have come down but i still earn enough to live on and enjoy my free time.

All those who bemoan the supposed reduced T & C's ask yourself this. Would your airline be in business with oil and other associated cost at the price that they are if there isnt a little bit of give and take.

The problem is that managers are only after share price which goes up when costs are low and the workers only want to earn more for doing less (come on we all would) which drives down share price. Somewhere in the middle is the correct path.

That is not to say that the likes of FR arent taking the piss but i'd rather have an OECD pay rise rather than demand a big one that puts the long term viability of the business in doubt.

Some people have just got used to getting what they want and are having trouble adjusting to this brave new world of "you get a little if you give a little"........Ryanair excepting.

If i had kids would i want them to come into this game.......most definitely if its for the love of the job. If they want to earn a decent salary......of course. If they want to become rich.......not a chance