PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reality Check
Thread: Reality Check
View Single Post
Old 11th Apr 2008, 08:55
TAP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My sibling works in the city. He takes home twice as much as I do now, and will eventually earn far more. However, he still sits down with me over a quiet beer and tells me what a great life I have chosen as a pilot.

The rat race sucks. Up at 5am EVERYDAY. Train and tube in cramp horrible conditions. A small walk to the office upon which entering to the same back stabbing, high pressured enviroment. After puttinng up with office life (and i do suspect a few moaners on this site have never had the misfortune to work in an office) for 9 hours (if you're lucky!) Its the same journey home to get enough sleep to start the next working day.

Yes; our T's and C's are not as good as they used to be. But look at other jobs. The world is run by accountants so cost cutting in all industries is happening. Fact. Its rare for a private sector company to transport employees in business!

We have a fantastic job. Its better than every job out there and we earn far more than average. Unless you make a major cock up you will leave your work behind at the park brake and in my mind that's worth a lot of cash!

Its Friday now and im off shopping without any queue's.