PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 11th Apr 2008, 02:07
BAe32EP-Chief

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Having come late into this forum, I have the following that happened.I remember the day when I was a freshman out of the Ambulance service [20year old probationary] and we got patched through to attend a call of a girl found lying in a side street off from the popular nightclub in Perth. Apparently she was unconscious and unresponsive and frothing at the mouth [which isn’t a good sign]We operated under P1 conditions and another unit was dispatched to see who could attend first, we did. Upon arriving at the scene she wasn’t good – only to realise that indeed she was my girlfriend’s younger sister……. She went into shock and we had to bring her back to life two times in the alleyway. I asked her friends what she had taken and it indeed was cocaine. By this time the other paramedics arrived, we managed to stabilise her, put her in the back of the bus and rushed her off to the nearest hospital which was less than five minutes away.She didn’t last long….. Once again she crashed in the back of the bus but this time we couldn’t revive her. She was pronounced DOAI took the bullet and went around my girlfriends house [she lived with her parents] and told them of the news, as most people would they were traumatised. I later found out at the post mortems and speaking to her friends she brought this off a guy in the club and thought it would be cool. She never had taken drugs before and her body didn’t know what was happening so it shut down.She had a good career infront of her, she managed to get a part subsidised doctors degree from a leading university from her great grades from her TEE/As you now see, drugs don’t just affect you they affect everyone some with horrific consequences.I resigned from my paramedic job two weeks later…..
P>S Why now does PPrune take away the paragraphs?