PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 10th Apr 2008, 23:21
cwc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Someone mentioned that if you were to go out in the street, could you pick the drug user, implying that many were. My response....Could you pick the non-drug user. Just becasue under someones silver lining is charcol does not mean the one next to it is also. I watched the program on Oasis last night when Ramsey was in add break- frankly that guy rocks and my wife and I cheer everytime he gets mad. That man( dont know his name) needs more than just a pat on the back for his determination and love. My point though here is that we are saying that alot of people do drugs that we would not pick....but alot of people dont do drugs. If you know so many...why? I personally couldnt tell you how many I know, if any. On the flip side, I couldnt tell you how many dont either. If I need to help someone out of an addiction I will, but I wont then say everyone is a user.

If one is using ones partner as a teacher to explain drugs being present through grades dropping etc....ask how many students grades are not dropping. How many students are still progressing. Could it be we are looking into the world with jaded glasses becasue of personal experience.

I am sorry, but I agree with those that look down upon drugs. I would go further and say I do not however look down upon the user. However....the drug is the issue, and it has no place in aviation. Consequences of ones actions must be taken into consideration. Yes, a second chance must be given, with that second chance comes a different future however. Dont dispute this one, its not worth it mate.

This forum post has obviously opened up old wounds and created fresh ones. The reality is, if I dont study, I dont get into uni. If I smoke all my life I risk the run of cancer. If I eat crap all day, I get fat. If I have sex without protection, I run the risk of STDs, and if I do drugs, I MUST DEAL WITH WHATEVER CONSEQUENCES THAT ENTAILS. Grow up, take responsibilty and stop asking for your life back. It was you who took it away in the first place.

Once again, a second chance is and should always be given. In some circumstances it cannot be the same as before one "stuffed" up. What would happen to society if there were no repercussions for ones actions or desicions. Any parent of a growing toddler teaches this. DOnt touch that....its hot. You cannot take the burn away when they do.

Thanks for all the fish.

Note to sunfish...I wont reply to you comments. That is my opinion and morals. I see no need to justify as you keep doing. Once again though as others have said amd I am sure all agree.... I am sorry for you family situation. Truly. I cannot imagine how hard that is.

Regards.