PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 9th Apr 2008, 16:01
Cetnik

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
First I want to thank all who have posted in response to my query.I appreciate it, even if some were quite disheartening I still respect an honest opinion.But to all the guys/gals who posted positive responses, I'm truly thankfull.You have really lifted my spirit.

I probably should've been more discrete as to where I stand and my intentions.I do realise what I done and the best I can do now is take it as an expirience and bring it over to my kids etc. in a preventative manner.As for jumping straight into it just because it could be a great job, that's arguable as I do admit that I imagen it to be a great job.But I've flown with my mates dad before more then a couple of times in the last couple of years and also went for a trial flight a month ago.I never thought it was an achievable career so it was automatically erased out of my mind as an option/opportunity(not that I think it's easy but it sure is more possible then i had imagened in the past).Another concern on minds would of coarse be flying whilst still using, to which I can't stress enough that it's unimaginable and beyond irresponsible, to me at least as this isn't just my life I'd be putting in danger but other peoples lives too at that.So that shouldn't even cross ones mind.My parents would probably be ready to help me out with most of the costs but I know that they're not exactly wealthy..mortgage etc..I'm lucky to have such great parents and I'm humble.So anyway I intend on working as a bricky with dad for atleast another year to save as much as I possibly can.Last year I saved almost 9k which will now obviously come in handy.This is a turning point in my life, I now have something to work towards and my life is actually on the right path.

Thank you again to everyone
all the best as I'm now taking the obvious advice and changing my nickname

cetnik