PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 9th Apr 2008, 10:42
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mr Milk at 52 yrs of age (same as me) I wonder what allows you the thoughts that it may be ok to some degree to do drugs & be accepted when as teenagers we would have had very little opertunity to do drugs & was probably the furtherest thing from most minds, not like these days where it's almost available on every street corner! I would as I assume just about every one else of our vintage disscourage like crazy the use, acceptance & the beleif that it's no big deal to use mind altering drugs & continue to fool ones self never lone an employer. Professional pilots need to be ever vigilant, it's hard enough to be focussed & stay alert as it is with constant T&C's errosion never lone having had a past of ilicit drug use to deal with & hide.. I accept yr opinion but I just don't agree like as I said most others would have the same feeling.

BTW I have no problem with the original posters ambition to get where he wants to go it's just that I feel as so many others must do has gone about it the wrong way

CW

CW