PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 9th Apr 2008, 10:08
Mr Milk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never touch drugs, but i drink like a fish and i bet some of you do too. What you need to understand is that ALL drugs at certain levels will have impact on your life. I personally would not have a problem with employing someone who smoked a joint occasionally, or took an eccy at a party, In fact i would prefer someone who had an open mind and attitude to life over some of the wankers here on pprune who just sit in front of their computers thinking about flying all day looking at airliners.net and only taking a break to wipe down their screens.

I would bet my bottom dollar that most of you are religious too- which i consider an illegal drug in itself as it fills your head with so much crap.

Most of you guys would be shocked to learn that recreational drug use is not confined to kids who work at coles too, it occurs at every level of any profession you could name. And why is the avition industry so precious? Sorry to bring you down a peg boys, but there are more mentally demanding jobs out there than driving jets.

Whoever made the stupid comment about the Cherrokee 6. The guy had an engine failure. If he had been hungover, as i know many pilots who have flown in such a state, would there be such an uproar?

Good on you cetnik for trying to get to where you want to go in life. dont tell anyone about your past and look forward to your future. Just make sure you pass any drug tests honestly and i will fly with you anyday.

some of you guys need to get a life away from being critical of others.