PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Pilots with history of recreational drug use.Do I stand a chance?
Old 8th Apr 2008, 23:43
Jabawocky

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I might be about to get a pasting for this....but what the heck,

There might be a pilot shortage......but they are not that short of em!

What sort of fool were you, and now you think all is good and into an airline job now. There are probably hundreds of applications on desks and the airlines have picked through them, and I hate to say it but maybe they are not prepared to scrape the barrel any deeper.

I suggest you go five years or so clean and see if you can forget you ever did it.

I have seen the effects "Speed" has on its users and it took several years for the effects (mentally) to go away, from what I understand Ecstasy does permanent damage.

In my opinion get your sh!t together and stay that way for a while yet before you consider such a move. And maybe do something constructive with your newly gained knowledge and educate all those around you about how stupid it was and how much you realise now what life is really about. I am glad you have turned the corner, so help some of your friends out too! Ohh and all the supplier you know, get their details and take them to the cops, get em roasted so they can't do it any more.

I wish you well, even though it sounds a bit harsh above, just don't do that sh!t again!

J