PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FlyBE - 5
Thread: FlyBE - 5
View Single Post
Old 8th Apr 2008, 07:16
JobsaGoodun

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
But 145 far more popular with Pax than Q4! I think in an ideal world 195 would be a more sensible option for replacement, especially for the business routes, otherwise Lufty is gonna clean up!
On both the DUS and CDG sectors where Flybe have replaced the E145 the pax loads have increased following the use of the Q400. Flybe are certainly holding their own against LH/AF at present with the Q400.

I'm not gonna argue that some pax might prefer the E145 to the Q400, however the facts remain that on routes where the Q400 has replaced the E145, Flybe are getting more pax both domestic and EU. It's not like people have stopped flying Flybe when the aircraft has changed. In the greater scheme of things, for most people price is all important and then the schedule on offer. The aircraft type makes little difference.

Personally, I can't stand the E145. Small, cramped and claustrophobic in comparison with the Q400, and just as unreliable! Whilst it would be nice to see an upgrade of the routes to the E195, an immediate 60%+ increase in capacity would be commercial suicide, particularly if the UK is on the edge of a downturn. More progressive growth is required and the Q400 offers this.

Last edited by JobsaGoodun; 8th Apr 2008 at 07:31.