PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Frustrated (?) pilots and security screening
Old 6th Apr 2008, 15:18
bjcc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
mumbo jumbo

As I have said, if there was, as you and pasoundman seem to think, no ability to commit the offence, then it will no doubt be brought as part of the defence. The full case hasn't been made to the Court yet, so assuming that something isn't possible, when you don't know all of the circumstances is a bit premature.

If you are right, and it was nothing more than a knee jerk response, then the restrictions could have been lifted long ago, without any loss of face. They have not, would that be because someone wants to continue to cause damage to the industry? Isn't that stretching credability a bit far? As with many things in life, someone knows more than you, and unless you have access to everything that the Police and the Sec Service are sat on, again, assuming that you are right is a dangerous proposition.

How much damage is being caused in reality? Not much from what I can see, Heathrow is as congested as it was before these restrictions, a good indication that it isn't causing as much damage as some on here suggest. I've not looked for pax numbers before and after the restrictions were imposed, it would be interesting to see if they are down really down, or not.