PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - easyJet loyalty bonus
View Single Post
Old 4th Apr 2008, 10:30
CaptainProp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So, nuageblanc, for you low cost means - Give up trying to improve your situation, do not try to stop the eroding of your general T&Cs, accept parts of your pension being taken away from you and settle with bread and water the day you retire (if you survive 850 hrs/ year for 30 years!!!) etc etc.

Not sure what your point about me not forgetting that we are a low cost company was about. That was exactly my point when saying that we should not try to stop our company from expanding, just make sure that it is done in a balanced way were we maintain a reasonable working environment and T&Cs for our future colleagues.

Further I think your comment about flying at least 4 sectors per day just shows that you are not fully familiar with the term "productive" when it comes to airline industry. Yes, most guys do not fly max hrs, but most of us are up in the 800-850-ish hrs / year. To achieve more hours from some of our smaller bases would require night stopping more crew to get more hours out of each crew member. The costs that this would incur would have to be balanced against the gain in productivity.

But no worries, you are not working for easyjet so no problem for you.