PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AOA Survey
Thread: AOA Survey
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 22:11
The Management

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Approximately 2100 pilots in The Cathay Pacific Group and there seems to be at most 700 angry or upset pilots. I speculate of the 700 pilots roughly 10% are angry and the rest upset.

Of those 700 pilots, I dare say many have chosen wisely and not voted for industrial action of any kind. This represents 30% of the pilot workforce with roughly 3% angry and most likely posting unpleasant comments about the Cathay Pacific Group as an employer.

I presume 70% or 1400 of the pilots are happy with The Cathay Pacific Group as an employer.

This has given The AOA Leadership and The Cathay Pacific Group Management a great indicator of the resolve of the pilot workforce.

This will make OUR job considerably painless in implementing new contracts in the future and targeting small groups on different contracts in order to lower them. You may expect that DHL letter sooner than you think.

Again where will you go Jetstar, JetBlue, India, Korea, Middle East? With all the cuts we will execute The Cathay Pacific Group will remain the best compensated.

This gives us the power to translate current contracts as we see fit. What will happen if we ignore certain aspects of your contract i.e. upgrade policy for all ranks, basing allocation, EFP payments, AFTL’s, bypass pay allocation, extensions beyond 55, etc. take a survey, take us to court?

We will attack these groups at different times in order to keep the pilot group attacking each other. This is a very effective strategy. While one group is having their contract changed or abused, other groups don’t care as it does not affect them. We have done this for years.

For those that will remain in The Cathay Pacific Group expect your contract and the abuse of your contract to worsen as most have just given us permission to do so.

To My Bonus

The Management