PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are your pet hate non-standard phraseologies?
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 21:24
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 435 Likes on 229 Posts
GunkyTom,

Firstly, be aware that sometimes I post here with my tongue firmly in cheek (but there is no tongue in cheek smiley).

Sometimes I post to generate a response and further discussion. It's worked but so far you haven't answered the question you are apparently criticising me for asking.

As I said, airspace infringements usually happen because a pilot is uncertain of position, not because he thinks he can enter without clearance. Telling a lost pilot to avoid will likely as not make absolutely no difference; in fact you'll be lucky if the errant one is on frequency.

No, I have never held a PPL. However, I do get checked once a year, until recently twice a year (still two medicals).

If ATC say to me "Standby", I know to remain clear / go round the airspace. It's not rocket science, just the ANO. Every pilot must pass the exam on it before solo.

Sorry, but I regard a "standard response" to "remain clear" in the same vein as the recent trend of security folk "spotting" someone not wearing a hi-vis vest from the other side of the airfield and dashing up, lights flashing to berate them, telling it's for their own good, so they can be seen when on an airfield......

Perhaps in future I'll just say "Callsign, Approaching your airspace NOW", then the "standard" answer will carry some weight.

Btw, please, if you are going to quote me, at least use the copy / paste facility so I don't get credited with spelling mistakes I didn't make (I never wrote iincursion, certainly not with two "i"s at the beginning).