PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Rejected Take Off Announcement Policies.
View Single Post
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 13:28
411A

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Our company have no 'standard' wording, it is left up to the Commander, due to various scenarios possible.
I had an abort in January (although a low speed one...85 knots due to deflated nose wheel tires), and the PA announcement was... "passengers and cabin crew, remain seated and standby for further instructions."

Then, a cabin interphone contact was made with the CC supervisor, asking him to report to the FD.

Years ago at a previous company, one of our Captains had an abort for generally the same reason (tires) and upon stopping the aircraft, and before an announcement was even possible, one CC opened an aft door and started an evac anyway, without any (stated latter) reason except to say...'well,it seemed like a good idea.'

Some CC need clear and concise instructions least they go off on a tangent and cause rather severe problems.
Further, it's not generally the quality of training provided to the CC that sometimes causes problems either, it many times is that odd one or two that think they know better (the 'don't confuse me with facts, my mind is made up', syndrome).