PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Value of A-levels? University Tuition?
Old 3rd Apr 2008, 09:41
4KBeta

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A small question, what is a University Level 0 ? Do you mean a foundation degree 1 Year Course ?

I will echo what was said above... If you have no A-Levels, you really should get those first. BUT ! If you have find a University that will offer you a Foundation Met Degree (4 Year Course) I would probably go for that AND do 1/2 A-Levels (maybe 1 AS-Level as well?) whilst at University.

I will be blunt with you, to get to fly fast-jets, you will be competing with the cream of the crop. People with 3 A-level, good degrees and that have joined University Air Squads whilst at Uni. I am not saying they are necessarily better then you, they have just shown commitment at a younger age. But! Not all is lost for you so don’t look down just yet.

I suggest you go and have a word with a careers office, they will probably echo the above as well. I am not exactly sure what Uniformed Services so I am unsure what the careers office will say about that.

Just work hard and show commitment. I would phone around some universities as soon as possible to find out what courses they offer and the option of doing A-Levels via the University or Distance Learning.

Remember...everyones opinion is different, even mine! so whatever you read on here dont take it as 100% the correct way!

Last edited by 4KBeta; 3rd Apr 2008 at 09:59.