PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Start of my dream. Day 1
View Single Post
Old 2nd Apr 2008, 14:14
JugglingSpence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
POTS, I think I'm in a similar position to you... except minus the savings!

One thing that I have found helps has been to break the process down into small steps/ stages. It will turn that massive mountain in front of you into a series of hills, not only making it seem more achievable but also you will get a few moments along the way to feel proud of yourself and you will feel like you are making progress.

I will be taking a few flying lessons this month to get a taster (I flew with the Air Cadets many moons ago but not since) just to make sure I still enjoy flying and that I've made the right decision. I'm also hoping to watch one of my stepdad's flying lessons to get a taster of some of the more advanced stuff.

One of the things that I will be considering is obtaining a CPL before I start studying the fATPL subjects. At this very early stage my plans are very flexible and NOTHING is set in stone but I would like to complete the CPL training and head off to Aus/ NZ to fly parachutists to build my hours whilst simutaniuosly studying for an fATPL.

This way I will be able to study whilst building my hours and experience, and also making the subject matter more relevant to me.

Does this sound like a good idea to the seasoned pros or should I go back to the drawing board? I will welcome any advice, tips or suggestions.