PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are your pet hate non-standard phraseologies?
Old 1st Apr 2008, 19:52
Jumbo Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by PPRuNe Radar
True, in which case maybe we should be asking the pilot to confirm he will be remaining outside ... which is a request for information, not an instruction. That said, how can I instruct you to join if you are in Class G as I can't give you any Air Traffic Control instructions by your reckoning ??
PPRuNe Radar, you would not be "instructing me to join" - you are merely giving approval for me to join at my request, albeit possibly placing certain restrictions (in the form of a clearance) but which will and can only apply after I have entered CAS.

Originally Posted by PPRuNe Radar
Alternatively, ATC say nothing, let the infringement occur and leave it to the magistrates court to deal with, no doubt with the CAA eventually becoming sick of GA and putting in some draconian rules which will hurt all GA pilots.
..."let the infringement occur" ... !!! Oh, PPRuNe Radar, you are assuming that every pilot calling you is so ignorant of his own responsibilities that he will burgle your airspace in a trice unless you specifically forbid him from doing so. Life is not like that. You have your responsibilities, we have ours. You know you do not control aircraft which are in Class G airspace - you should realise that acting as if you do is bound to get up our informed noses.

JD