PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Parking Nazis out at MAN
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jul 2001, 04:17
BillTheCoach

Red face

763jock,

Fatal mistake abandoning a car in Tower Road especially when en route from T1 to Police Station - really you should know better - there are lots of signs telling you not to and you, more than most, should be aware of the security implications of abandoned cars at international airports. After all, what exactly does a terrorist or car bomb look like. (I know if MAPLC had their way there would be guys in camoflage with high vizs that say " Duty Terrorist " or "Car Bomb Co-Ordinator ".)

I have seen first hand the effects of a car bomb and believe me it is not a pretty sight. A good terrorist makes his device look as innocent as possible. The only deterent is to enforce the parking regulations.

As someone who has to work in Tower Road (actually International Approach) and try to park coaches for HOTAcs, delays and diversions, abandoned cars are a complete nuisance and I would like to take this opportunity to publicly thank the wardens and police officers for their support in helping us to move disrupted and delayed passengers.

And if you think the wardens are nasty.....watch out for the clampers on the Pay & Display Car Parks - no warnings or " can you move it" just a bright yellow clamp !

I know I will probably get flack for my comments but remember (and here goes a mega old topic) the wardens keep the traffic moving and are part of the team that helps to get aircraft flying.

Cars parked everywhere = grid-locked roads = crews cannot get to work = pax can't check-in = aircraft can't fly.

Suggest you pay the £30 and don't do it again !