PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flying career progression at the moment??
Old 1st Apr 2008, 04:10
UnderneathTheRadar
When you live....

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts
QFLink traineeship?

Hi Gearupandorf,

I'm in a very similar situation - 34, 600 hours, MECIR (but stuff all twin command time), some turbine time, no ATPLs and have a QFLink traineeship interview approaching.

They advertised again on AFAP last week so they're still looking hard. Others (younger) on these boards with significantly less hours but same quals as you have already commenced. They've obviously already creamed off the applicants with the closest to what they need but again, from these forums, the MECIR seems to be the deciding factor in who they're currently looking at (although it was only 1 week after I updated my CV to add turbine time that I got the emails to start the process so it may have been that).

4 year bond for whatever they stump up to bring you up to the mins (in your case, 100 hours twin command only), 3 year bond for the endo (concurrent), pretty good chance of a Melbourne basing - would seem perfect for you....(and me!).

Good luck - and don't get worried about the 'but we did it the hard way' crew - ask them if they would have voluntarily gone north if they had the opportunities that now exist (luckily for us!). I'm not knocking them - life is unfair and you win some/lose some - but if you go north, the window that's now open could close again very quickly.

UTR