PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 31st Mar 2008, 23:54
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Same old same old when it comes to dfc!

Let me see if I have this correct. The IAA claim they are short of ATCOs "everywhere". The answer is to have a direct entry ATCO recruited and trained at a position to "free up" a controller already doing that position to go elsewhere.

I am not the only one who sees this as simply playing musical chairs.

The net result being a fat 0 gain at Shannon tower

Yes Dfc you are seeing it wrong......again!

The DE who is tower rated elsewhere will check out quickest in the tower here-stands to reason. That will free a multi rated controller to work in the center. But the important thing that you forget dfc, is that mlti rated controller STILL has their tower rating and so there is a gain of one in the tower.
Most Atco's are multi rated/talented and that is how we run things so cheaply and efficiently-in that a controller could be in a radar postion in the morning and in the tower in the afternoon depending on rating and staffing requirements. Its a bit complex so i don't expect you to understand it.

The only "fat 0 gain" is between your ears

This whole situation blew up because of the fact that our staffing numbers were so low(but soon to be fixed) that on occasion there would be no-one with a tower rating (just for example) rosterd on. Or there might have been one tower rated controller on who also had a radar rating that was also in short supply and so the choice was to either close the tower or close the center fl245 and below. The course of lesser consequence was obviuosly to close the tower and keep the center open.

The IAA may do the recruiting but the influence of the union bruvers keeps their hands firmly tied. You only have to look at where all the union reps go to after their years of "service" to the bruverhood
Really dfc-just another one of your conspiracy theories. Once again you demonstrate the fact that you are incapable of accepting any information that does not agree with your own pre-conceived idiotic notions.

Explain how the union exactly is tieing the company's hands when it comes to recruitment? Id love to hear to hear your thoughts on that one. You made the statement above now back it up with evidence......come on then.

From where im standing the staff/union have secured 22 to 24 DE's that the company would not have bothered with. The staff/union secured a 50% increase in the current SCP class. And if the for whatever reason the number of DE's does not meet the target then we have the option of starting the next class early. Thats my evidence-where is yours??????

If you come on here posting in such a condescending manner without anything to back your opinions up,it just shows what an opinionated condescending idiot you are.

Your total lack of knowledge and solid info is astounding. What makes it even more astounding is that people like Macker,Irishatco et al are doing and have done their best to educate you. You are apparently beyond education and seem destined to forever be the dumass here.

Yours as ever

Ock1f