PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - UK experienced controller recruitment
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 17:17
2.5 miles

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rybber

TC incorporates the approach radar for Heathrow, Gatwick, Stansted, Luton, London City and Biggin Hill. Previous speculative applicants (those who submitted applications ad hoc) were considered and mainly recruited for the new London LARS being provided from Farnborough (caution, positions were only being offered for approach work at Farnborough, in the London area, certainly until recently). Airfileds, particularly Heathrow, and less so, Gatwick need Aerodrome controllers.

Shift pattern 6 on 4 off 30(I think) days a/l, plus 8 public holidays.

From what I understand, the union are a little miffed, since consultation on this recruitment drive was somewhat brief! There are staff at regional units trying to get to centres and major airports, some trade off may be possible, but as usual I suspect that "business needs must come first".

Housing costs around London? House prices, expect to pay circa £500-600K for modest 4 bed house. South Coast Swanwick area not a lot different maybe 5-10% less. Prices are fairly stagnant/falling dependent on area sought. NATS pay figures, I believe fairly accurately indicated above. Don't expect the top whack, they will naturally try and get you on the cheap. Not sure what relocation they will offer you, if any. Should you proceed and get that far PM me.

Good Luck.