PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean and Asiana - whats the big hang up?
Old 4th Sep 2001, 18:30
zerobeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To 767driver.

I wonder why you are so angry about KAL and ASIANA. I don't know how much time you spend with us. but The more I read your post , The more I feel your hate to us.

Maybe, maybe.... you have enough reason to do that . But isn't it a little bit too much?

one thing I wanna mention for your message about getting rid of foreign pilot in KAL and ASIANA is that it is not because of racial standard or safety excuse.
- and who the hell dose tell you ASIANA and KAL pilots want that? -

you are a 767 driver. so mabe you have been working for asiana cause KAL doesn't have 767 fleet.

It is because of company's double standard.

company gives you more than twice of money than korean(Not only for KAL) pilots get. but korean pilot fly more than twice time than you fly.
and there is problem.

do you think it is fair?

If we got same money and same working condition, who would say anything against that?

you might see lot of creepy checker. but me too. because he is the same guy!. it's not because he specially don't like foreigners.

and about small note book.
If it is useful, why don't we use them?
did you say that the first officer get scared because the GREAT CAPTAIN took out that note?
Oh, snap out of it!

I wonder if the GREAT CAPTAIN was out of his mind. If he was a really good captain, why he did such a thing? do you think it is good to scare your f/o in such a way before flight?
Even If it was a tranning flight, and If I were IP, I would rather tell him "don't take your note, the best source is your chart" in debriefing after flight.

I have seen lots of student bring culculator and use them. In the same manner, the note it is just easy tool not a bible. I don't think they can't fly well without note like what you tried to say.

I wish you could speak korean well. then you can say what you hate and what is your wish easily to korean pilot.
but unfortunately, I have seen only one mexican captain who tried to learn Korean language in propessonal language school until now.

[ 04 September 2001: Message edited by: benedictus ]