PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Indian govt moves to protect Indian student pilots
Old 31st Mar 2008, 11:23
apachelongbow

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I really doubt the statement made 'by 2013 Indian fresh cpl holders may be unemployed' That will never happen, any fresh/experienced CPL, if he/she is good enough, will land a job, its those who are in this for the money, will be left jobless.

This is taking place even now, when we see 1000 pilots running for a walkin of 10-20 positions, and this case is not unique to aviation alone, for example if we see the IT field its even worse, the employability ratio in IT is a measly 1-2 %. For every 1 million resumes the IT bellweather Infosys recieves, only about 10-15000 are screened to the next level, i.e. call for an interview.

We cant help it, In India for any opening which pays relatively well people are bound to rush in, if we see the profiles of the people who have rushed into training, we see moneyed 'jats' from haryana who cant string proper sentences in english, wouldnt be able to spell names, flying in USA. There are 18 year old girls who puke in the cockpit on their first flight!, ive seen inquiries on the web with the title ' sir i want to be pilet!!!'
now how ever can these folks land jobs??