PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ASIC Renewal
Thread: ASIC Renewal
View Single Post
Old 31st Mar 2008, 06:21
jbr76

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Still waiting .......

Application sent via registered post on 16th Feb. Waited 7 days for confirmation of delivery (extra fee paid for service with registered post), no confirmation received in mail. Sent email on 27th of Feb to ASIC processing establishment inquiring as to whether they have received my application in the mail. Reply received same day stating that they had not received my application.

Further investigation via AusPost revealed my registered mail had been delivered in full to destination post office in NSW. Rang ASIC processing establishment and made enquiries as to what was going on (getting concerned as there is plenty enough information in that registered mail envelope for someone to steal my identity) and I was told that according to their system they have not received any such application. I informed them that according to AusPost's tracking details on their system, it was delivered in full to their nominated postal office in NSW and had been collected.

I rang AusPost again to arrange a delivery confirmation slip with signature to be mailed to me confirming delivery but in the interim received a call from ASIC processing establishment informing me that they had located my application, which was sitting in someone's in-tray in their too hard basket, due to me sending down a certified copy of my birth extract which they did not accept.

So, I ask myself the question (a) Why was my application not registered on their system on arrival and (b) Why was I not informed there was a problem with it? It took me to call them to find out there was an issue with the documentation ... if I had never called it would have still been sitting in the so called in-tray/too hard basket.

According to my credit card statement, my credit card has been debited the full amount for ASIC on 06/03. It is now 31/03 and nothing in the mail yet. I was under the impression that they should only charge your credit card once the application has been approved and is ready for processing and delivery?

Because I made a fuss with above ASIC establishment earlier in the part, am I now being punished by being charged my fee without even having my card?

Any suggestions kindly welcome