PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - What are your pet hate non-standard phraseologies?
Old 30th Mar 2008, 12:33
Lear Jockey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes, and "we have it on TCAS" can be mistaken for an other trafic that the TCAS maybe doesn't have, and it's not 100% sure you're talking about the same one...be carefull, I know it's easy to say that, even me saying this I've done it many times, but ever after realised that it's wrong to do it.

For the thing of doing it non standard as in approach control, I really think that saying the level passing, the level cleared to, the information and maybe if you feel good the aircraft type is well enough and save sooooo much RT space, imagine, EVERY airplane telling the whole story on a charter saturday in Geneva...(anybody experienced that already??!!, I've done...on both side of the radar screen so believe me on this one...), it's a pain
Why do you think when passing to the final controller (or director..) you just say your callsign? To minimize RT, let the controller sequence correctly his aircraft and that's it, so why using time for nothing on the approach frequency when maybe no final is open but still a lot of trafic flies? I'd rather have a 3NM spacing, speed stabilized approach or 6Nm when departures ahead than a 200kts approach, with 2.8NM spacing and finally a go around because somebody use too much controller's brain just by saying too much (and actually believe me or not, they couldn't care less about you saying "information O" when "P is current...just a few check this, the others not )

Checked?!

Thank you