PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CAA Looking at Lease flying.
View Single Post
Old 30th Mar 2008, 11:20
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
CAA Looking at banning Lease flying.

I hear that the CAA have been razzed up by one or two AOC,s regarding lease agreements. It appears some of them want to chop in their certificates and just fly regular customers privately and dump casual one off charters. They will , of course have to get rid of all their pilots to do this and i imagine change their names so as not to give the impression of doing charters. This should be very interesting as it would mean that all corporate leased aircraft would have to go into an AOC and would therefore have to be on the G. All corporate pilots would then have to comply with all the paperwork ....base and line checks, dunker, haszardous materials, first aid, and be under 60 yrs old . I imagine that all the flying clubs would have to close down and sell their aircraft due to this . ( if you lease the club plane to go abroad and take a safety pilot and in bad weather get him to fly home that would then be PT and not self fly. )
Lease of aircraft and use of freelance pilots has been the legal and preferred route for hundreds of companies from all over the world and has been going on , legally and undisturbed since the wright brothers !! The effects of effectively banning all flying , other than self fly, would be catastrophic to the Industry leaving all flying in the hands of a very diminished small bunch of AOC,s with huge overheads and unecessary and unworkable rules.
I think the AOC boys should stop worrying about something that works well, has been around for at least as long as them and just as safely and concentrate on the ppl,s selling their services.
Should be fun watching them all protecting their interests

ps see you at silverstone

Last edited by nigelh; 30th Mar 2008 at 23:50.