PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gliders and near misses.
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2001, 19:26
FNG
Not so N, but still FG

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Red face

engage whinge mode

What is it with Private Flying at the moment? The same threads come around at roughly monthly or six weekly intervals (just like Cessnas in the Cranfield circuit?). I appreciate that this is a pan-pprune phenomenon, but we seem to be getting an unusual dose of it at the moment.

As for the thread itself, as a powered punter but incipent glider wannabe, I'm with you guys. Snap: If you're worried about gliders, don't go near their sites (hint: look for the big "guh" on the map) don't fly along ridges etc, and try looking out of the window instead of at the GPS for a change.

whinge mode disengaged

PS: always possible that this thread is a wind up, in which case it is most welcome as perhaps we get as bit serious in here sometimes, but probably not as a winder-upper would be unlikely to refer to a fatal accident as a starting point.

PPS: I must have been visiting Jet Blast too often lately as otherwise (1) I wouldn't be paranoid about wind-ups and (2) I wouldn't have gone into full rant at Mr Snap. Final 3 Greens' post below this one does after all contain some balanced points.

[ 20 July 2001: Message edited by: FNG ]