PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mont St Odile crash latest news....
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 18:10
CONF iture

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lemurian,
I take it as a fair deal and would be ready to participate in any of your initiatives.

But first, let me quickly expose my viewpoint on all this:

Norbert Jacquet, Airbus, Habsheim, Strasbourg, BEA, mass media, etc … (the list could even be surprisingly larger … !?) are all very interlinked. Whichever topic we will discuss in that list, we can find a direct link with any of these other topics or even we might need to link with one or the other topics.
Pprune is already very rich in contributions of all sorts regarding these subjects.
In the same time, I really don’t mind keeping that in a more “intimate” participation where everybody takes time to read each other before posting. BA038 topics were just too big to be informative, at least in the early days even weeks.

Originally Posted by DZ
M. Jacquet was not in the aircraft but he was one of those who sought to absolve M. Asseline by any means necessary, including damaging his own health
Not at all, especially considering the presence of passengers and flight attendants on board, Norbert was the first to denounce the stupidity of that piece of “flying”.

His point was very different:

Norbert RIGHTFULLY did not accept
that highest level statement from Louis Mermaz the very SAME evening … even though both black boxes were still in Alsace
"The first elements of the inquiry tell us that the technology and functioning of the aircraft are not at stake. This is not a dysfunction of the Airbus 320 that is at the origin of this dreadful event, these are the conclusions of the early investigation"
To resume:
The airplane is not at fault.
The airplane won’t be at fault.

Many posted links are coming from http://www.crashdehabsheim.net/
Jean-Claude Boetsch is now a retired journalist, and was one of the passengers in Habsheim.