PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mont St Odile crash latest news....
View Single Post
Old 29th Mar 2008, 17:21
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So Lemurian, as I don't have acess to an A320 manual, tell me ,when does the A320 go to low flight idle/ground idle. . or whatever Airbus call it ? I was always led to believe that at the time of Habsheim it happened after a pre-determined amount of time subsequent to passing a pre-determined height, which, if that were the case would have left the engine in a regime (impossible in the 737 installation ) whereby it "could" have taken up to 8secs to go to G/A thrust I suppose, I have no way to ascertain the time required from Boeing material, as the low idle problem doesn't exist whilst airborne, it is merely a problem if you are too slow to select reverse thrust.
Was that/ is that the case, or is that another fantasy that I have read.
If it were the case, was it in the manuals at the time ( not now but then) and widely known or easily found in a pilot's (not engineers) manual.
Why would a reputable TV programme make a claim, that would leave them open to a defamation claim, that 5 seconds had "dissapeared" from the FDR trace, this five seconds corresponding to a portion of the time between the demand for thrust and it arriving.
In case you think I only have conspiracy theories against the French, I can assure you that I believe very little of what comes from the other side of the pond, if we consider TWA, 9/11 and various other aviation related "events", where money or power is concerned the truth is a very flexible commodity.
Are you open to see a version of events that contradicts the official version if it is in your own back yard? That, is a question between you and your personal ethics, not really for me to ponder.

Edited to say, I realise that a Frenchman saying " maybe I am just a smart guy ", could be referring to himself ,however, where I come from we call it " tongue in cheek". . . not to be confused with "tongue up @rse"

Last edited by captplaystation; 29th Mar 2008 at 17:49.