PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mont St Odile crash latest news....
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 23:14
Lemurian

Sun worshipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote :..."I am just a smart guy who is always ahead of the game, maybe it is because even in Flight- Idle there is still a significant amount of thrust being produced, and therefore very little lag between demand and response, certainly not 8 seconds."...
The Malagasy aye-aye at least is clever enough 1/- to read what other have posted, and 2/ seem to know more about aviation than a self-acknowledged egocentrist ! And remember, the description of the aye-aye : seldom seen, heard for many miles.
This is what I wrote and I dare you to prove me wrong :..."a big-fanned engine takes up to EIGHT seconds to spool up to GA thrust, from idle "...

Quote :..."Another possibility, is that your Froggy wonder plane ( if I am not mistaken) goes to a very low ground idle, after a time interval subsequent to passing 50 ? ft, whereas my slightly less sophisticated Yank Tank has the common sense to wait till you are on the ground with a decent time interval to select reverse ( therby ensuring a rapid spool-up) before coming back to such a low speed that it takes 8 seconds."...

Yes, you are -again - mistaken.
Secondly, as your yankee tank uses the same froggie-yankee engine as my froggie (Germans and Brits might might object to that idea of yours) wonder plane, they accelerate at the same rate.

Quote :..."a state-owned / state-gagged institution like TF1.
"...
And of course, Mr Murdoch's media are a freer, fairer kind of journalism, aren't they ?

Quote : ..."Maybe for this reason, and various other ground-air switch mishaps/ control logic crap, there seems to be more A320 / 340 SERIES runway excursions than for Boeing equivalent."...

Are you really sure ?

Quote :..."To condone or be an apologist for a corrupt system is a sad stance for someone who claims to be an aviation professional.
Me ? I deal with facts, only proven facts.Technical facts and not elucubrations from a random choice of conspiracy-mongers.
With all your ranting you haven't come up with anything more than hatred utterances. Yeah, what is new ? Let's have a discussion based on technology and piloting and software programming. I am ready.
And as far as Habsheim is concerned, I have read on this subject in all probability a lot more than you, and I have had more than quite a few arguments with people in the field of flying / engineering than you'll ever dream of.

Your last sentence is quite enlightening : To make a mistake on a gender of a very common word -"LA merde"- shows how many French you came in contact with and your open-ness. Apparently the *Sh@t* you are talking about hasn't been completely lost when it hit the fan.

Kind regards.

Last edited by Lemurian; 29th Mar 2008 at 07:57. Reason: cosmetics