PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Korean and Asiana - whats the big hang up?
Old 26th Aug 2001, 23:38
Invaribly

Post Korean and Asiana - whats the big hang up?

Call me nieve ,but I find it hard to see how such a long established and national airline of a relativly wealthy country,not to mention with one of the most modern fleets in the industry "beats it's F/O during sim checks" (!!!)to quote one guy on this board.
Ok I am not a qualified pilot ,but are things really as bad as they appear to seem with Korean?
I have a really great idea - instead of insulting me in your replies and calling a f***ing fool tell me exactly WHAT IS WRONG WITH A TYPICAL KOREAN AIRLINES CAPTAIN.Give us all good details,instead of the meek threads that seem to have predominated this topic.Thats if anyone can of course.Describe situations to me and indeed the rest of us all,because I gather that 99% of what has been said about this airline has been from "a friend of a friend of a friend told me. . .etc".
As for Asiana:if it is worse than Korean than how come it has never had a major crash - EVER?Ok I will give you that things might not be good there , but they cant be that bad if they have a relativly clean record.Can they?Explain please!