PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Mont St Odile crash latest news....
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 18:45
captplaystation

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Grrr

Lemurian. . . what variety? an aye-aye perchance ( that would be good, head in the dark seldom viewed Hmmn ), it is strange that in 12,000hrs of flying Monsieur CFM's products, albeit attached to an American wing, I cannot ever recall taking anything approaching 8 seconds to go from demand to thrust.
Maybe I am just a smart guy who is always ahead of the game, maybe it is because even in Flight- Idle there is still a significant amount of thrust being produced, and therefore very little lag between demand and response, certainly not 8 seconds.
Another possibility, is that your Froggy wonder plane ( if I am not mistaken) goes to a very low ground idle, after a time interval subsequent to passing 50 ? ft, whereas my slightly less sophisticated Yank Tank has the common sense to wait till you are on the ground with a decent time interval to select reverse ( therby ensuring a rapid spool-up) before coming back to such a low speed that it takes 8 seconds.Wonder if Norbert knew that before Habsheim, maybe Mr Ziegler didn't think Bus Drivers needed to be bothered with such things.
The rags/ sensationalist TV that made the allegation all those years ago was a fairly well respected investigative programme, not a state-owned / state-gagged institution like TF1.
Maybe for this reason, and various other ground-air switch mishaps/ control logic crap, there seems to be more A320 / 340 SERIES runway excursions than for Boeing equivalent.
Sometimes, particularly for a plane or a small Malagash animal, it is not clever to be too clever.
So, as CONFiture says, stop spouting the official version of events, and do some background reading. Do you seriously think your Govt ( and no I do not claim the Yanks wouldn't have done the same please note ) would have let one mans career or reputation( in Habsheim, )stand in the way of the commercial sucess of the "wonder-plane". To condone or be an apologist for a corrupt system is a sad stance for someone who claims to be an aviation professional.
And please don't get me started on the Concorde saga, of course dragging the gear sideways along the runway is just fine, until it trips up over a bit of Yank debris, I forgot, it is all their fault.
P.S. you will see from my updated profile that I am now in a more suitable location, close to, but not actually in " le merde".

Last edited by captplaystation; 28th Mar 2008 at 19:01.