PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATC VOLUNTARY OVERTIME BAN: Dublin Flights Delayed 25th January
Old 28th Mar 2008, 15:17
ock1f

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dfc-First of all if you are going to qoute me on this thread dont use my words from another unrelated thread.

And judging by your personality i'd say getting invited to some seeedy wife swap thing is the probably the only chance you have of seeing some real action.

Generally when someone has really strong opinions and views on a subject they have evidence and fact to back them up. You Dfc are devoid of both.

The direct entries are in two different groups. The 3 year contract group who are free to negotiate whatever they want for 3 years and tehn thats that-bye bye or renegotiate. The second group are being offered permanent and pensionbale positions-starting on a point on the salary scale commensurate with their experience. So Joe blogs with 10 yrs will join at the 10th point on the scale. The ONLY conditions are they have to serve the same amount of time in the IAA as all other controllers do before being eligible for promotion. Which isn't that much-a couple of years or some such. So on balance i think this job will attract plenty.

There is no glass ceiling for the DE's and a normal career progression on merit grounds like everyone else. That probably makes you a bit jealous tho-people getting promoted on merit.

The Union is against parachuting Experienced external ATCOs into what are seen as "senior" positions which is of course what is needed along with rationalisation of the current structure and ending the single validations positions
Are you the union or something?. Because only someone who could speak for the union and on behalf of its members could make such a statement.
If you are not on the union or even an Impact-Atc union member then you are spoofing and full of hot air and bullsh*t.

There is no parachuting of staff. And i love your idea of "senior postions". Once again you proudly demonstrate your total ignorance of the iAA and its controllers. We have a salary scale you progress along over the years until you have done your required amount of time at which if you so chose you can apply for UCE positions or watch manager or domain specilaist if you have developed some particular skill or knowledge level over the years. Or you can continue to be an ordinary honest hard working controller until you retire.

A bit like you going for an instructors job on a diesal Cessna 172 because you know all about the exact internal fuel line specifications! Or you apparently do-tho plenty of others seem to think you are making it up as you go along. But thats just me reporting what i've read on pprune-id never dream of lecturing you on diesal cessna 172's or fuel line or indeed make huge overpowering statements because i just dont know that much about them.

I have emplored you to read the posts here and absorb the info in them and each time you just continue on with your small minded ignorant idea's that just make you look like the biggest assh*le around.

Again just read what has been said by way of letting you know what the situation is. If your posts continue on and on like they have done then i can only assume that 1) you cant read 2) you cant help being an assh*le 3) youl live in some parrallel universe while working for the IAA.

Yours as ever
Ock1f

Last edited by ock1f; 28th Mar 2008 at 15:30.