PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - **Pilot Shortage in the Middle East??**
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 10:19
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I guess who ever keep talking about their is enough pilots and their is
no pilot shortage is either management or they have no clue of what
is going on in the aviation world.
I guess who ever keep talking about their is not enough pilots are not searching for jobs...

It's over 11 years I'm flying commercial multicrew helicopters and turboprops, and I can tell you it's not that easy to find job, either in the ME or even in Europe. Within the last two months I've sent about 100 CVs all over Europe and GCCs, and still didn't get any interview. It would probably be different if I had a A320 type rating (even with a little 500TT), which means the shortage is not on experienced pilots,but on cost saving ones.

Of course instructors are getting better jobs, and some school can hardly find the right people on time. It doesn't mean there's a shortage, it just means the market is unfreezing. The situation was so bad over the last 10 years that now some can start breathing. It's not a shortage, it's just an improvement. For years people couldn't afford to choose and they had to get the first position where they could be hired. Today it's different, and it's a good thing.