PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Civil airspace infringements
View Single Post
Old 28th Mar 2008, 07:58
throw a dyce

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lurking,
Yes we can sometimes trace them through those system you mentioned,but it's hardly worth it if it's just a nibble.However it's worth thinking about since we are required to report every infringement.

Top Bunker,
Well you've opened up a new can of worms here.Perhaps you don't realise that we are a diversion airfield for the military.We have virtually every weekday practice diversions with Tornados and the Nimrod schedule,and fit these in the best we can.These practice diversions are basically training flight,and of lower priority.However we quite often bend helis out a bit to accommodate your requests.I have never seen Aberdeen ATC do anything but be as flexible as possible with the military,when they bother to call.Also the speed differences with our traffic,means you get messed around sometimes.That's life.
You obviously have no understanding of ATC at Aberdeen.We are required to keep aircraft inside controlled airspace,and the airspace is designed to do that if we had to use the holds at the ADN and ATF.With traffic levels at about 450 movements a day during the week this happens on a regular basis.If you don't like the seat in your aircraft,then leave the RAF.I have my job to do and I suggest the juvenile thoughts are yours.
Perhaps a liason visit is needed. You may need us in anger someday if you have an emergency.

Last edited by throw a dyce; 28th Mar 2008 at 08:37.