PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can a (UK)CAA FI to teach in France, Italy, Spain...?
Old 28th Mar 2008, 07:44
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Richatom,

I would bet that they would refuse the transfer. But I would try.

And nothing much you can do about it, seaplane, aeros, mountain flying are kept national, so even under EASA there would be no obligation to do so.

Common sense would suggest the opposite, as the UK CAA agreed to transcribe your seaplane rating, so did the Italian CAA for a mountain flying rating done in France by a friend of mine.

But if you hold a UK PPL where you have the rating transcribed, and a French CPL, you are in business anyway.

Not so with me, I have the French PPL and the Italian JAR Cpl Theoretical only. If I hade the full CPL licence, my problem would be solved, just have to endorse it with the FI(A).

I can have a PPL from one country and a CPL from another. But not 2 PPL's or 2 CPL's, there you have to choose. So here I am !!! stuck.
Don't want, neither have the means to complete the practical side of the CPL, another 8000 euros, no need for me my interest is in aerobatics only.

So for the time being my FI(A) is useless, and I will fight for my rights as a matter of principle, even if I have to give up in the end.

I will be posting here adresses and phone numbers of the people I am in touch with at the DGAC in France, JAA's in NL so that anyone with a similar problem can adress their claims...Just have to go look in my papers...

Good luck to all!!!