PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drink driving - anyone gone pro with a DUI charge under their belt?
Old 27th Mar 2008, 22:23
Capt Wally

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
good question 'stero'. I guess by the fact that they won't have a bar of you says it all. I know that should you ever apply for flying jobs where security is involved (other than an ASIC) you would be pushed aside.
We've all done dumb things over the years including drink driving yr certaintly not alone there, most have never been caught tho. I see the results of their (drink drivers) actions thru my work here & believe me there's not enough penilties for drink drivers.There's compelling reasons as to why such things may follow you for life.
I hope for yr sake that it doesn't follow you thru yr life as a commercial pilot because I hope yr more responsible behind a different wheel these days. Maybe others here can advise on more specific results from the same dumb previous actions. My comments are not directed at you personally (like I said we have ALL done dumb things) it's more I see so much sadness that has come form something that is so preventable!

CW