PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - **Pilot Shortage in the Middle East??**
View Single Post
Old 27th Mar 2008, 13:36
sispanys ria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I believe this kind of announcement is ok to boost investments in the numerous new flying schools, but at this time, it doesn't reflect the reality.

UAE airlines still have recruitment requirements much higher than many foreign majors, and it's for sure they still have an opportunity to raise many more applicants by slightly lowering these requirements.

Even the local business aviation market is not yet in the crisis, and it's still difficult to get a job without "sponsorship". What matters is that airlines' managers are doing their maths to forecast their recruitment needs. As long as their policy is consistent, they are not interested by such studies.

How could consultants be more aware of the demand/offer market than the concerned airlines ? As far as I know, no GCC operator declared to be concerned by this situation.

Lots of pilots will be available in the future, and I guess the real problem will be more focussed on training those pilots for their new airline specific operations, since this is limited by the airline capacity. Airlines should be more focussed on enlarging their training department, because this is gonna be the real limitation.

Last edited by sispanys ria; 27th Mar 2008 at 15:04.