PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Can a (UK)CAA FI to teach in France, Italy, Spain...?
Old 27th Mar 2008, 12:09
markkal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Susan,

Slightly off topic but still relevant ; maybe you have had to deal with French CAA and can give me your thoughts:

I hold a French PPL since 1986
Since 2002 spend quite some time in Italy, and got my JAR-FI(A) after having completed the theoretical JAR-CPL.

Did so in compliance with JAR regulations for PPL holders, so as to be able to assist at the aeroclub on a voluntary unpaid basis.

Now when I went to have my FI endorsement, I got into trouble, for the Italian CAA cannot write or stamp anything on a foreign licence.

And apparently the French despite JAR, and Easa agreements ( Jar's are not binding but Easa's should be) will not endorse my licence with a rating I have obtained in another JAr State.

Have had many phone calls with the French administration, apparently this is not an isolated case. So I went as far as sending a request to the highest levels: DGAC, Pôle d'Expertise du Personnel Navigant in Paris..

This was done 2 weeks ago by registered mail, let's see what they have to say. They anticipated they will discuss the matter in a meeting convened for that purpose (!!!!!!)

Also have been in touch with JAA offices in Holland, they are kept informed as well.

Of course I would have an alternative to sort tis out:
Relinquish my French JAR PPL and get the Italian JAR PPL Instead.

The reason I want to avoid doing this is because of the mess with italian administrations, always a nightmare to deal with them.

Also I hold an aerobatics rating and am working towards my mountain rating ....And these are under national legislation, not JAR's.
So there will be a problem there...Don't want to risk having to do them all over....

Don't know if you hold a UK FI(A) or French one, or if you have been through this yourself, but I would be interested to have your thoughts!!

Bye Aldo