PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Not short of pilot's - nor lost opportunities!!!
Old 27th Mar 2008, 06:16
Five Green

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What a mess

I would assume that the G days were in between training duties. So this is a problem. The spirit of the training roster was to allow the company to change training rosters to maximise training without the penalty of G day call outs etc. The reasoning was that it was good for the candidate and would get him/her through the course earlier.

However this is an altogether new kettle of fish. This is the first time I have heard of this happening in my ten years here !! Putting an officer back into his pre-course trip is not the intention of the training roster. The only fair thing they could do would be to change the duties to reserve (and yes that is not NORMALLY done when cancelling a duty...yea right) and leave the G days alone.

However that is why it should be dealt with through the AOA so that policy can be outlined for future and on going occurrences. I would guess that this has happened since the roster for March was published. If it continues on to next months published roster then the company is really taking advantage of these pilots !!

FG